What are the Benefits of a Ribbon Cutting?
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can:
- Announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber website
- Begin a customer base
- Familiarize the public and the Chamber with your physical location
- Familiarize the public and the Chamber with your goods/services
- Generate possible leads and sales from attendees
- Have your business's photo sent to local media outlets
What Does the Chamber Do for Your Ribbon Cutting?
The Walker County Chamber of Commerce will:
- Arrive at your location early and go over an outline of the ceremony
- Bring the official ribbon-cutting scissors
- Invite Chamber Members, local officials & the media
- List your cutting on the Chamber website
- Provide you with the ribbon
- Publish a photo of your ribbon cutting in the weekly newsletter
- Welcome attendees & speak at your ribbon cutting
How to Prepare for Your Ribbon Cutting
We ask you to carefully consider and determine:
- Your Date & Time: The Chamber recommends that you schedule your ribbon cuttings at mid-day during the middle of the week in order to draw the most attendees.
- Choose Who Will Cut the Ribbon: Typically, the owners or top executives of a business will cut the ribbon, but every business is different and the choice is entirely up to you. If the Mayor or other elected officials attend, they often cut or help to cut the ribbon.
- Your Remarks or Speech: This is usually done while everyone is gathered around the ribbon before it is cut.
- Other Details to Enhance Your Event: Food, drinks, & decorations are all optional and up to you. Many businesses will opt to have them in conjunction with the ribbon ceremony.
- Organize a Separate PR Campaign: If you would like to invite the general public, you could explore other advertising avenues.
- Complete & Submit the Ribbon Cutting Request Form: Complete the form below and click submit! Our staff will be in contact with you within 2-3 business days.